Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cooking again....kinda



Making pizza again as it has been so long since we have had a nice homemade pizza.  I used a whole pound of seasoned ground beef on one 13 inch pie. The crust was my usual recipe, pre baked and then topped and set directly on the stone. Oven at 400.  Wow, that was one crisp crust. The other pizza was sliced chicken with Alfredo Sauce. ( I used a pouch mix from Knorr, gasp) just being lazy but it was great especially with a few halved grape tomatoes and fresh shredded basil.  I have been putting the cheese on top of the sauce and then the toppings lately. I just like the way things crsip up. I did not try my new cast iron pizza baker yet. This would have been a good opportunity.

Last night, since the weather is turning oddly colder, I harvested a bunch of basil and made pesto. I had to check with Mackenzie first to see if I could add walnuts (allergies) but she said go for it. Some things she is doing better with lately.  So the Pesto is in the fridge but it made only one pint jar and that was a lot of basil. I use it sparingly though. we don't eat pasta so I add it to soups and pizza toppings.

Kitchen confidential, I still have the tiling of the backsplash to go. We also found out that in order to get the carpet finished at the threshold we will need to call the carpet layer. That's a bit of a surprise. I would have guessed for that much money the job would have been finished. Period.  So far, it's been a couple of bucks at every turn, escalating out of control.

The "new" kitchen table is in the garage getting the treatment before a coat of black paint. Recycle and reuse but I still need to buy 6 chairs unless I can find those out there somewhere. We found a great carpet to place the table on also.


How cool is that? My lovely bride collects Bee's in case you don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Have been trying to find your split travertine in Denver for my kitchen remodel. May I ask the manufacturer and color? susancadice@hotmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...