Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's All About Bob!

Saturday we were invited to the Kropp's house to watch the miserable spanking the Huskers got at the hands of the Wisconsin Badgers.  Bob and his lovely bride, Kim, made a variety of tasty soups and we had some other pot luck items. I pulled a recipe off of Pinterest and made a Cheesy Pull Apart bread. It was deemed "crack" by the author but I am not so sure. I think I would definitely rewrite the recipe on this to improve it's overall flavor and amp it up a bit with stronger flavors.

Bob was a little upset with me because I had not mentioned him in the blog so I did him one better and included a photo also....

Bob and Tom...buddies for 30+ years.

 
The Bread recipe:
 
1 stick of butter melted
1/8 c olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
3 tsp  onion minced
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 T poppy seeds
3 tsp parsley minced
12 oz grated cheese ( I used PepperJack but next time Asiago or a stronger flavored cheese might be better.)
 
Add the first 7 ingredients and  ix well. I added salt and pepper. Cut the loaf in in X slices but not thru the bottom. Place on foil and using a spoon, spoon the butter mix into all the cuts. Stuff the grated cheese into the cracks and cover the loaf with another piece of foil and seal tight. Bake for 20 minutes and uncover , bake another 10. Bake at 350.
 
Personally, I would cook the onion and garlic in the butter first and definitely choose a stronger flavored cheese.
 
Always a great time at the Kropp's whatever the occasion. Nice people.
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...