Monday, December 17, 2012

What's in the pot today.....

Mackenzie chided me for not posting lately. We have been busy with shopping and errands and while I have been cooking I confess that I haven't cooked that much. A pizza here, a pot roast there. Today I placed a very large chuck roast in the crock pot before heading to work. Brenda was off but out of the house most of the day. I came home and the house smells terrific. A regular Sunday Pot Roast worthy of company was ready to rock and roll when I got home but again we so much to do. We will have quick bite before heading out the door.

So, I began last night and cut the roast into 4 inch by 2 inch planks about 2 inches thick. Dusted in flour and browned in a hot skillet. I put them aside and in the fridge till morning.

Into the crock pot I quartered 2 onions and chuncked about 5 carrots. I added a small bottle of Cabernet, a teaspoon of thyme leaves, 2 bay leaves, 2 crushed cloves of garlic and a package of Beef Stock concentrate.

In the a.m. I placed the meat, a 8 ounce package of mushrooms sliced and the rest of a box of chicken stock. On went the pot and I went to work. After I came home I opened two cans of potatoes. I know, but I love canned spuds and I didn't want to buy a bag. Those are in the pot now. I ladled off about 4 cups of broth and added that to a saucepan with a 2T flour, 2T butter roux. Gravy is done, a bit of Kitchen Bouquet to make it a nice color. Here it is:
Pot Roast good enough for company
 

My pizza from last week. I made 2. One with burger and shrooms and this pepperoni beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...