Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Leftovers...what to do, what to do?

A sprinkle of Parmesan completes the dish.

Sprouts, shrimp and crab (large King Crab chunks)
I had about 3/4 pounds of picked crab and a few jumbo shrimp, some Brussels Sprouts and a package of Chipotle sauce mix and pasta. A very picky wife regarding carb intake, the pasta is low calorie, high fiber and a win in all directions.

I shredded the Brussels Sprouts with a small mandolin and sauteed them in a small amount of oil with a bit of garlic. I mixed the Chipotle sauce with a cup of skim milk (calorie conscious) and added it to the sprouts. I gave the shrimp and crab a rough chop and heated them with the sprouts. I added a 1/4 c of cream (not so calorie conscious) for a bit of richness and a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.

I cooked the pasta and added it to the pan, tossing and coating everything. Plated in a bowl with a sprinkling of Parmesan it turned into a pretty good meal with leftovers for Friday lunch.


I love this sauce mix but this is the last package in Omaha I can find.

Shredded sprouts in the cream sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...