Thursday, January 24, 2013

Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeno Cream



Another lazy day after work I was tired an laid down for a minute and then work up hours later. Had a headache and generally didn't feel all that well but a man's gotta eat.

Before I passed out I had taken a pound of shrimp from the freezer so they were well thawed when I finally awoke. Brenda had pinned a recipe for Roasted Shrimps Enchiladas with Jalapeno Cream Sauce and looked it for me. I didn't have half the stuff but the inspiration was there so I gathered what I could and started. Here goes:

1 pound of shrimp peeled and cleaned
S and P, olive oil.

Toss and roast at 350 till just done then rough chop and set aside.

Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
tortillas ( I had low carb on hand)


The Cream Sauce

2 tbl butter
2 T flour
2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
1/4 c half and half or cream
2 chopped Jalapenos
1 tbl garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Make the roux and add the broth. Allow to thicken then add the cream, Jalapeno and spices. (I added 2 slices of processed Swiss. I love the flavor richness it provides in the background). Set aside.

Filling:

I only had a few things on hand. The recipe called for fresh spinach and cilantro. I had neither.

3 carrots shredded
red pepper julienned
2 banana peppers julienned ( I have a peppers in the freezer)
2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
1 med onion sliced thin
2 t Oregano

Saute in olive oil beginning with the onion, then carrots, peppers and finally garlic. Add the spices and Salt and Pepper to taste. Add the shrimps and mix.

Assembly:

On a tortilla, spoon the filling with a 1/4 cheese and roll up. Place seam side down in greased pan. Ladle sauce over the top of finished enchiladas. Bake at 350 till bubbly hot. Serve with chopped tomato, sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese.

Original recipe is here:
http://damndelicious.tumblr.com/post/25144591731/roasted-shrimp-enchiladas-with-jalapeno-cream-sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...