Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pan Seared Albacore Tuna with Citrus glaze

I took out 2 tuna steaks last night, one for lunch today as tuna salad and one for tonight's dinner. I was lloking for something different that I could make with what I have around the kitchen. An orange and some orange juice, limes and other staples.

Firstly the glaze from the Food Network:

Triple Citrus glaze

3/4 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Pinch kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
     
    I didn't have any marmalade so I subbed a tablespoon of mango chutney which worked well.
    Basically I combined everything and boiled it down to about 1/2 cup. It was very good, sweet and piquant and the perfect compliment to the fish.
     
    The Tuna is easy, a hot iron skillet, a bit of olive oil and a sear of 2-3 minutes on each side. The tuna was a nice medium rare.
     
    I plated it all with a nice saute of zucchini and onions with a bit of Parmesan. Just hit the spot for a Wednesday evening.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...