Friday, June 3, 2011

Pasta with Sausage and Cream

Bow Ties w/Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream

One of my most missed easy recipes since our low carb excursion is this:

Pasta with sausage and cream (measurments are approx)

6 Italian sausages cut into 3/4 inch chunks
1 can diced tomatoes
2 T flour
1 1/2 c milk
1/2 c Parmesan
S and P to taste
Cooked bow ties or rigatoni

I have never really made this with cream. I sub skim milk for the cream and use flour to thicken. I start by frying the sausage till cooked thru and browned. I like the casing on it but you can remove it if you don't. Once brown and tasty I add 2T flour and stir to coat the sausage. I add a can of diced tomatoes followed by the milk. (we use skim). The mixture should thicken nicely and have a nice pink color. Add the Parmesan and season to taste. We ladle this over cooked bow ties or rigatoni. Great, easy dinner for a weekday.

Now...I know. I never measure stuff so everything is approximations. My bad,  but I have always been a pinch and dash kind of cook. Hits and misses but I am trying to be better about writing things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...