Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grilling, grilling and more grilling

Grilled veggies, chicken wings and chops tonight.

I generally grill my wings crispy but not dry,  then coat them in my own concoction of butter, hot sauce, honey and chipotle chili powder. I brined the chops in 4 cups of water with a 1/4 cup each of salt and sugar. Makes them juicy beyond belief. To top it off I grilled chunks of zucchini, yellow squash, onions and peppers. I just seasoned with a little Crazy Jane's.

Last night's tenderloin was a big hit. I made a nice Bearnaise sauce like this:

3 egg yolks
1 stick of melted butter (hot)
1 tbl chopped shallot
1 tbl chopped tarragon
2 T tarragon vinegar
4 T white wine

I used a stick blender and beat the eggs and butter. I mixed all the rest in another pan and reduced to 2-3 tablespoons and added to the holandaise to make a Bearnaise, blend well. Delicious.  Will be light and thick. If not, heat carefully in the sauce pan till it thickens a bit, stiring constantly.

We had my favorite Sprouts gratin, roasted asparagus, roasted potatoes and a nice Caesar salad.

Caesar Dresssing

once again I used the stick blender.

2 cloves garlic chopped fine
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
juice of a lemon (about 2 T)
1 T worsteshire
2 t anchovie paste ( a good squeeze)
3 T tarragon vinegar
6 T olive oil
1 coddled egg
1/2 c parmesan

I like to mix this all in a glass 4c measure, use the blending stick and then add the parmesean. Pour over Romaine and fresh croutons. This is an adaptation of Bernie Schimmel's Recipe from the old Blackstone Hotel here in Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...