Tuesday, June 16, 2015

In Love with Fit and Light Greek Yogurt

Sometimes at night I need something sweet and I pass but my lovely bride turned me on to this yogurt.


One of my favorite flavors between Strawberry cheesecake and Boston Cream Pie there isn't much I don't like. Why all the fuss? Well at 16 gms of carbohydrates its great for our low carb diet mixed with fresh strawberries which we always have in the house along with seasonal blackberries and blueberries and raspberries.  Berries are very low carb and high fiber and perfect for a low cal addition to yogurt but I needed a crunch.

I have made granola in the past and it is sinful. What can you do to cut it down a bit but still get that satisfying nutty crunch? Make it yourself and control the ingredients. It does not have to be sweet but can be sweetened a bit.

1 cup rolled oats
1 tbls coconut oil
1-2 tbls honey
1/2 cup chopped raw pecans, almonds and or walnuts.
1 tsp cinnamon

I mixed this all together and baked for 10 or 15 minutes in the toaster over keeping a eye on it as it will burn easily. Stir it a bit and give it a few more minutes. Let cool and store in an air tight container. Just a tablespoon on top of your yogurt and berries with provide that needed munch factor.  It will add about 100 calories so go lightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...