Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Dinner

I cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts usually once a week for lunches and snacks during the week. This week though, all the kids were too busy for Sunday Dinner so we decided to have a big dinner tonight. I had already bought split chicken breasts. I brined them today and am roasting them with potatoes and cream. I found the recipe this weekend in Parade magazine and thought I would give it a whirl. I had everything on hand except the supds which Brenda picked up on the way home. Baking right now in the oven.

630 pm...It was OK but really I payed too much attention to the cooking times offered instead of trusting my instincts. The potatoes were cooked well but some were still crunchy and the chicken breasts were so large that a mere 35 mins was not nearly enough time. An hour would hardly suffice.  I served dinner then deboned the larger breasts and recooked them for a bit. The potatoes were odd though. Especially the sweet potatoes. They had the most undercooked ones though my lovely bride liked them that way I thought they should have had more yield.  Trust your instincts Obi Wan. The overall flavor was good. Not sure what the cream and parmesean brought to the party. I would have certainly have made a thicker, creamier sauce overall perhaps adding a bit of dijon?  Maybe next time. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...