Thursday, January 6, 2011

Basic Bread

Firstly, I have pizza stones ever present in my oven on each rack. I use these for all my pizza as they give a good crisp bottom to the pizza. I usually make 3 pizzas at a time but here is the recipe for just one crust.


1 cup warm water ( I generally make 3 cup batches and increase everything except the yeast)
2 t yeast
1 t sugar
1 t salt
1 T olive oil
1 c whole wheat flour
up to 3 c Bread flour

I use the Kitchen Aid and mix till it pulls away from the side of the bowl. Adding bread flour as needed to make a dough.

Remove from bowl, oil the bowl then place the dough in, let rise till double covered. For pizza, I pat it out to the edge of a 18 inch non stick pan, dock it (I use a docker that you run over the dough to place small holes to keep it flat) then bake it at 350 till just getting some color. Remove it, turn the oven to 400, top the dough then place the pizza directly on the stones till brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...