Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Milanese

Basically chicken cutlets that are breaded lightly and fried. I ususally pile salad on top with a vinagrette.



Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and butterflied open. Pound them flat about 1/4 inch thick. I usually cut the breasts in half here to make them easier to handle and better portion size.
Flour, salt and pepper
eggs, beaten
Panko

Dust with flour, dip in egg and coat with panko (japanese bread crumbs). I generally fry them in 1/4 inch or less of oil, turning when golden and drain on paper towels.

Chopped fresh  romaine lettuce

Red wine vinegar
pinch of sugar
garlic salt
pepper
Olive oil

I have no measurments for the vinegarette. I usually mix it over the greens. Always put the vinegar first less the oil prevents it from getting to the letttuce.

And yes.....we still lost weight eating this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...