Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beer Braised Baby Backs and Spareribs

Yum....the ribs spent the night in the fridge coated with my favorite rub. Ben put them in at 250, added a beer and covered them with foil. They spent the rest of the day in a beer bath sauna. About 430 I took em out and grilled them with a bit of sauce.


Slab of spare ribs and babybacks
Sauteed Sprouts

Sprouts Gratin
I roasted a sweet potato and sauteed some sprouts. I made sprouts gratin too, cannot seem to get enough of those babies.

While stuff was a mess, I browned tomorrow's short ribs, made a soffrito and reduced a bottle of cabernet. Added 2 small cans of tomato paste and a sprinkle of thyme. Tomorrow morning I'll put it all in the crock pot and let that simmer away all day. I plan to serve it on a bed of mashed turnips...so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...