Monday, April 18, 2011

Palm Sunday Seafood feast

After church today we had the annual Plaki Dinner. It was great. They had several cases of cod loins they baked in the tomato sauce I made for the event. There was precious little sauce left over even after I made an extra gallon. We brought home the extra for Mackenzie. She loves it on pasta.

Later that evening the kids came over. A tradition in the house since my Dad was alive, we cook crab legs, lobster, shrimp, mussels and pretty much any seafood I have left in the house. A nice big helping of fresh asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes rounded out the meal. We'll take the leftovers for lunch but really, there wasn't much left by the time the kids took food home for lunch the next day. I made a prosphora loaf also which is already 3/4 gone.

With the leftover crab I will make crab rangoon.  The rest of the week we will scrounge for something until Pascha Saturday night when we break the fast after a long week of church services. Sounds like all the kids will be at church Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...